The European Fire Safety Alliance recognizes that the majority of deaths and injuries caused by fire happen in the home and impact upon the most vulnerable in society. The European Fire Safety Alliance is an independent alliance of fire professionals and exists to reduce the risk from fire.
The European Fire Safety Alliance will:
- Campaign for better regulation in areas that improve home fire safety at a national and European level;
- Be an authority of fire risk based on a strong statistical evidence base;
- Focus on areas of greatest risk in the home and the people most vulnerable to accidental fires;
- Support the fire service so they can be actively involved in reducing the risk from fire;
- Develop and nurture a fire professional network that will be seen as an area of expertise by policy makers and practitioners.