The fourth year edition of the European Fire Safety Week (EUFSW), from 14-18 November 2022, traditionally was an umbrella for selected European fire safety initiatives organized with contribution of many partners. All this initiatives have a common goal of improving fire safety across the EU and better contribute to the implementation of the European Fire Safety Action Plan and included:
- five webinars covering fire safety priorities defined in the European Fire Safety Action Plan: fire safety of vulnerable people, carbon monoxide hazards, harmonization of European fire statistics, product compliance with fire safety requirements and how achieve a higher and more harmonized level of Fire Safety in the European Union, We had 642 registrations for 1 or more webinars, from 64 countries (including 23 non EU countries);
- a high level discussion on how to putt citizens safety at the heart of the Renovation Wave hosted by Members of the European Parliament Maria da Graça Carvalho and Carlos Zorrinho in the European Parliament in Brussels, which was followed by the implementation workshop of the same title, during which stakeholders discussed and designed recommendations for their practical implementation of fire, electrical and gas safety considerations in the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive by Member States;
- a very first edition of the European Smoke Alarm Day – an awareness campaign #smokealarmssavelives consisting of a new dedicated website and information disseminated by social media.
Please find below a detailed program of all events, presentations and video recordings and lists of co-organisers.
The European Fire Safety Week has been- and continues to be supported by many experts and institutions, including Members of European Parliament and EC officials.
- Monday, November 14th
1. Opening European Fire Safety Week 2022 & webinar #1: Fire safety of vulnerable people
2. Roundtable: Carbon Monoxide (CO) – Critical skills and awareness of heating professionals and first responders
- Tuesday, November 15th
3. High-level political discussion: Putting fire safety at the heart of the Renovation Wave
4. Webinar: Harmonisation of European Fire Statistics
- Wednesday, November 16th
5. Workshop: Putting fire safety at the heart of the Renovation Wave into practice
- Thursday, November 17th
6. Webinar: Enforcing fire safety requirements in Europe: How to ensure stricter compliance?
7. Webinar: Recognising fire safety in revised EU legislation